Monday, May 28, 2012

The Final Stretch...

Whew!! What a busy, busy time!  We have 5 1/2  more student days before summer break!  And, boy, do my quarters know it!!

I can't speak for everyone, but this is going to be the busiest time yet!  I absolutely dread all of the "housekeeping" items that need to be taken care of.  I know it's important and I know it needs to be done.  But that doesn't make it fun!  Wrapping up a whole year in the last couple of weeks is crazy!  But we all have to deal with it and I always get it done in the end!!  I always feel like I am forgetting something...and sometimes, I do!

Amongst the award days, I get to participate in the school play!  I am "Mighty Science Mind".  Several teachers get to sing and give lines and I think that the students are going to love it!  I'm going to borrow a mad scientist wig from my mother (the real science teacher) and I have a cape and mask! Woo Hoo!!  In the meantime, I need to print my awards, keep order in my class, finalize report cards, clean up my room, ... the list goes on and on! All while maintaining order!!   But we all go through it, some even more than others!

Last week, we continued reading The Hunger Games.  We will finish the book before the end of the year and my kids are excited.  Another activity that I had them do was make a comic-type strip for their favorite part of the story.  I downloaded the strip from TPT during Teacher Appreciation Week, but decided to use it a different way.
I like the idea and my quarters enjoyed it!  That's what it's all about!!

I posted the quote below ONLY because I think it is hilarious!!!!  It also fits my post, as I feel like one of those teachers right now because of the overwhelming amount I need to do!!!!

"I had a terrible education. I attended a school for emotionally disturbed teachers."--Woody Allen

Always,


1 comments:

  1. Argh....end of the year housekeeping stinks, doesn't it?

    Elizabeth

    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete