Wednesday, February 22, 2012

In the beginning...

So...this is my first blog post...

Where to begin?  As I stated in my profile, this blog is for me.  Teachers in my education classes always stressed how important "reflection journals" were to teachers.  Well, 6 years later, I still don't have one! So, here and now, I've decided that I need to start my journal...online!  I feel that maybe, just maybe, I'll feel obligated to keep it up! 

Tonight's post won't carry a teaching reflection.  I'm just trying to figure this all out!  However, I will share that I am a married, 4th grade, middle-aged, mother of two, mother-in-law, Potter-loving teacher who loves her job!

Now, being a Texas teacher is a bit of a stressor at this time.  Our new state assessment, the STAAR, has turned out to be a pain in my curriculum-overwhelmed butt!! I teach ESL students, on top of Language Arts and Social Studies, so my students will be assessed in Reading AND Writing.  Needless to say, within the last week, I have resigned myself to the fact that as long as I know that I have done my very best and used every idea that I've had, I can let go and pray.  When I know better, I will do better.

Until then...

I have a serious Pinterest problem!!  But I am sure finding some FANTASTIC ideas that other teachers have posted, as well as some fabulous blogs!

This blog will start off simple, but I sure hope it turns into something productive for me!!

Always,
Tammy

0 comments:

Post a Comment