Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Awesomeness....NOT!

Today was the first day of the STAAR Writing test.  I think my quarters did OK!  I say that because no one finished in 45 minutes (happened on benchmarks).  Every one of them seemed to be on task (did NOT happen on benchmarks).  No one fell asleep or was caught daydreaming (also happened on benchmarks).  They seemed calm and relaxed.   I was really proud of them.  We won't know the results for quite some time.  But tomorrow is another day of STAAR Writing...

And I won't be there.  Yep.  After four hours of "active monitoring", I could no longer take the pain in my ankle/lower leg.  So, when they were done testing, I left and went to the Dr.  It's not my ankle (according to her).  It's most likely my lower leg.  Possible fracture.  Yep.  So I have to stay off of it tomorrow while I wait for them to call with the second round of x-ray results.  NOT HAPPY.  I WANT to be there. But I just cannot walk on it anymore.

Most of my quarters are ELLs and they have a problem with confidence.  They also love routine.  I'm afraid that they will freak out that I'm not there!!!  They know what to do and me being there really doesn't matter...it's not like I'm teaching or anything.  But there's comfort for them in the "known".  Maybe I'll call them in the morning, while they are eating breakfast...

And the class I test saw me fall!!! They were the talkers!!! ARRRGGGHHH!!!  It's not their fault, of course, but I have some sweet girls who will take it to heart.  You all understand about wanting to be there on testing day, I'm sure...

I won't be able to text my blessed team teacher or my dyslexia pal because they are testing, too.  So I will have no idea how calm or upset my kids are until after 12:30.  I don't want to miss school!!!!!!

So, I will blog-stalk, comment reply, and pin all day tomorrow...

Well, I chose the following quote from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire because it mentions pain...and I did try to "numb it" by ignoring it...


"Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.” --JK Rowling

You have NO idea...

Always,


0 comments:

Post a Comment