Saturday, March 17, 2012

Waiting...

I spent the morning with one of my good friends and her little girl.  We had a nice lunch and spent some quality time talking.  We also went to Target, where again, I spent too much money on my quarters!! !  But it is worth it!!

Scott and Austen left earlier this afternoon to drive to Dallas for a car show.  (I don't know why...I just nod my head...) So that means I have the house to myself for the night!! ::squee::

However, Megan texted me from Alabama to let me know that, instead of stopping on her way back from Ft. Bragg, she and her friend (also named Megan...go figure) are driving all the way through!! WHAT?!? Ahhhhh....what it means to be young again.  But, as every parent knows, you can't rest until your children do.  So I am staying up, slaving away on STAAR surprises, game making, and lesson planning until she walks through my front door!  To all parents out there...your babies are ALWAYS your babies, no matter their age!  She is wrestling with sending her husband off to war, so I just want to hug her.  As you know, you're only as happy as your unhappiest child.  Think about it...

Anyway, I did make her (and myself) a surprise!  She is finishing up her education degree in December and, in the meantime, she may substitute.  So, I made ID badge holders!  I think they turned out pretty darn cute, if I do say so myself...
 They are cute buttons glued to the top of extendable badge holders.  I'm sure they won't last forever, but I tried! Ha ha!  I added the yellow ribbon with the blue button to remind us that 2LT John is away and we are waiting on his safe return.  I'll let Megan choose the one she wants.

I promise to respond to all of your comments when I have a down moment!!  I appreciate all of the feedback and new followers!!  I've added myself as a follower to many blogs since the linky party!  So very excited to really start stalking again!!  (You can only get away with that comment on teaching blogs!! Ha ha!!)

Also...the book "How to Train Your Dragon" is nothing like the movie, FYI.  Now I remember why I love to read books first, then see the movies!

In the spirit of seeing my daughter for the first time in quite a while, I leave you with this quote:

A daughter is a day brightener and a heart warmer.
-- Author Unknown


 She most certainly is!

Always,

 Glitter Words
[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]

0 comments:

Post a Comment