Sunday, March 18, 2012

Well that was fast...

 I just can't believe my spring break is over!  I feel like it just flew by!  I was really lazy relaxed this week!  However, I also feel like I got a lot of things accomplished for my students.  I downloaded a lot of stuff from TPT.  I have awesome lesson plans for this coming week.  I made A LOT of things for the students to help pump them up and get them motivated for STAAR Writing! This is my "bucket" that I'm taking to school tomorrow!! YES.  I did that much!

I got so much done and very little of it required actually physical labor! HAHA!  A bunch of cutting, gluing, sorting...but things I could do from the comfort of the couch!

I am most excited about their Tuesday "pep card".  I was stalking one day this week (comfort of the couch, remember??) and I got the pattern and directions from Mrs. McKown at Little Literacy Learners .  (The star is a graphic from www.mycutegraphics.com, per her website).

Like any good stalker  teacher, I had to make a few tweaks.  Her idea suggested using Mentos and wrapping foil around that, but I couldn't find them anywhere!!! So I used one of my husband's wrench adapter thingys (I'm sure there is a formal name...but I wasn't listening...) and rolled it up in foil.  Then, I stuffed the foil tube with M&Ms.  It actually worked like a charm and I love the final product!!

 So, I am ready and exited to get back to class!  Tomorrow I will introduce "Go Fish--Parts of Speech Edition".  I think the students will love it!  It is my original idea, so if you're interested, I have placed it on my "Free Printables" page.

Have a safe, fun, fabulous Monday!!

 I end with a quote from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: 

"It's a strange thing, but when you are dreading something, and would give anything to slow down time, it has a disobliging habit of speeding up."--JK Rowling
Don't I know it!!!
Always,
  Glitter Words
[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]

0 comments:

Post a Comment