Friday, March 9, 2012

The Break I've Been Waiting For...

Spring Break, that is!! 

 Our day started off with our Friday assessments.  My quarters did pretty well on their Friday reading assessments, but the writing not so much.  And, yes, the STAAR Writing is the test we take when we get back from break!  That and  TELPAS online.  But, believe it or not, today was really not too shabby.  

 Two quarters spent the day in the office for behavior.  But, yes, you do not have to reread...it really wasn't too bad of a day.  

The only real lesson I did today was with my ALT group.  We reviewed adjectives and did these anchor charts.


 The quarters brainstormed words to put in each category.  We watched another School House Rock video, Unpacking Adjectives.  They loved it, of course!

I was trying to think of some game ideas for the week we return to prepare my quarters for STAAR Writing.  I looked up and saw one of them making a spinner! (You know spinners... those squares of paper they color and fold, then spin on their desks??) Then...

***ding, ding, ding...I had an "on the fly" moment! ***

 What if I incorporated the spinners into one of my games??? (I don't know how, yet!) I called the quarter over and asked about it. He told me he would teach me how to make one!  SHUT UP!!! How so very cool!!!  And out of the big construction paper, too!!!!  So for the last 30 minutes, my quarters taught me how to make super large "spinners" for our game week!!!  I loved it and they loved teaching me how to do it!!!!  I can't tell you how many times I heard, "No, Mrs. M....here, watch me." and  "Let's try this how you think, Mrs. M." It was AAWWEESSOOMMEE!!  I felt like a kid!!!


That, my dear friends, is why I love children and I love teaching!  Because I still get to learn, too! And it sure does build relationships with your students!  Remember, they think you are rich and live at the school! Bwahahahaha!!!!


On that note, another quote (teeheehee) from the fantastic J.K. Rowling and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix:

“Youth can not know how age thinks and feels. But old men are guilty if they forget what it was to be young.”--JK Rowling


Ahhh...may I always remember what it was to be a quarter...

Always,
 Glitter Words
[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]

0 comments:

Post a Comment